Precalculus - MATH 1508
- Math 1508 will have three exams.
- Students will receive a grade of A, B, C, D or F at the end of the course, according to the usual scale:
- at least 90% - A
- 80% to 89% - B
- 70% to 79% - C
- 60% to 69% - D
- At most 59% - F
- If you earn a failing grade (D or F) in the fall or spring semester, you may retake the class as a minimester workshop. A maximum grade of "C" will replace a failing grade upon successful completion of the minimester workshop. There is no minimester for the summer session.
Your course grade will be calculated as follows:
- WebAssign Assignments - 10%
- In-Class Quizzes - 10%
- Workshops - 5%
- Exam 1 - 25%
- Exam 2 - 25%
- Exam 3 - 25%
- There will be three exams administered in class throughout the semester.
- after each written exam all students have the opportunity to improve their exam grade by signing up and taking a Retake Exam as seen on the Pre-calculus calendar.
- Retake exams are offered in the Library on the Friday following each exam.
- You may take one Retake Exam once and only once to replace an exam grade.
- Each Retake Exam has 20 questions and is two hours long.
- You may use graphing calculators on these exams. We provide scratch paper.
- You are required to attend class three times per week, and you are required to attend the workshop you are assigned to.
- If you have a laptop or tablet which supports WebAssign, please take it to your scheduled workshop.
- Weekly problem sets will be provided on WebAssign. You are responsible for working on the problem sets before you arrive at the workshop.
- The course text is PreCalculus, Ninth Edition by Larson.
- The course syllabus is located online, under "Course Content".
- Graphing calculators are required for this course; laptops are recommended for the workshops.
Students are not allowed to switch sections not workshops during the semester for any reason.
- Contact the program director Nada Al-Hanna in Bell Hall 325, call her at 747-8898, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.