Graduation for Online Undergraduate Students
Congrats future UTEP Alum, you are almost at the finish line! Here's what you need to do to apply for graduation, attend commencement and receive your degree.
Note: This information applies to all UTEP Connect undergraduate students except RN to BSN. RN to BSN students must contact their respective departments at the School of Nursing.
All graduate students must contact their respective departments for details.
How to apply for graduation
Step 1: Click here to fill out the Undergraduate Graduation Application. Graduate students must contact their respective departments for details.
Step 2: Email your completed Graduation Application to email@example.com. All applications must have an original signature and be dated. No printed signatures will be accepted.
- BMS students must submit a copy of a graded research paper/project and the syllabus explaining the instructions of the assignment from any Upper Division Level Course (upper division courses begin with 33XX or 43XX) together with the completed graduation application.
- Chicano Studies students must submit a copy of a graded paper (grade of B or better) from any of your Chicano Studies major courses along with the completed graduation application.
Step 3: Once your graduation application and supplemental documents (if applicable) are received, UTEP Connect will forward your application packet to the respective College Dean’s Office. This process can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Note: When you see a fee of $35.00 or a late fee of $50.00 assessed to your account then your application has been processed.
Due dates for graduation applications due dates are posted on the Registration and Records website.
After you are cleared for graduation
- Clear all pending holds. If you have received a student loan, you must complete the Exit Survey at studentloans.gov
- Check your student Miners email account regularly as information from UTEP Registration and Records and Commencement will be sent only via email. Please respond to those emails requiring a response.
- Determine if you qualify for Academic Honors. To qualify for Academic Honors you must have earned 60+ hours and have an overall GPA of:
3.5-3.7 (Cum Laude)
3.8-3.89 (Magna Cum Laude)
3.9-4.0 (Summa Cum Laude)
Please contact the College of Liberal Arts Dean’s Office for more information at 915-747-5666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase your cap, gown, etc. at the UTEP Bookstore.
- RSVP and learn more about the ceremony on the Commencement website.